I’m back!

I’m back! I am just about starting my first week back at Bristol after a very long, relaxing, and busy summer holiday. I have moved out of my 2nd year house in Redland to a much smaller flat with three friends in Clifton. Despite having to move locations every year it seems to get easier and easier to make it feel like home in a very short space of time, and I am loving my new flat already.

After a week of settling back in and catching up with friends, lectures have now started and we are already into the flow of working. My two Lecture Response Units this teaching block are ‘The British World’ which looks at the British Empire in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa, as well as a module on ‘Death, Doctors and Disease’ in modern Britain. The first lectures have made me eager to learn more of both modules, and my first essay is due in a month so I can tell this year is going to be very fast paced and busy.

Alongside my two Lecture Response Units is the dissertation process. I never thought this time would actually come in my degree, but nevertheless it has, and I am finding myself frantically trying to hamper down all my interests in history into one solid area of research. Our first proposals are due in less than two weeks so I’m sure I will have a better idea of what my dissertation will look like!

abigail-humphreys-opt

Tagged with:
Posted in History